queries on test framework for Record/replay

Topics: 2D Gestures, Test Automation
Sep 21, 2011 at 7:53 AM

Hi,

Gesture toolkit is really be helpful for touch application developers. As we got impressed with the test framework, have decided to use it  .

I have few queries, since we have decided to move ahead with this toolkit for our development and more on testing.

1) I want to know wheather we can create our own web service instead of the one being used now ?

and if we can Please let us know how to do that.

2)Is it required to use web service for replay of recorded gestures, instead can we store the recorded xml in local machine and use it for replaying?

if possible please guide us how to do it .

3) If possible can you provide a sample code for replaying of recorded gestures through public API's programaticaly.

Since its a high priority for us , kindly respond ASAP.

APPRICIATE YOUR RESPONSE,

Thanks in advance.

Coordinator
Sep 27, 2011 at 5:19 AM

Hi Anil,

Here are the quick answers:

1) yes you can. But you would need a windows hosting as its written in .NET unless you recompile with mono. I am working on the new version and expecting to have the beta version ready in 2 weeks. I will get back to you on that.

2) the current system only uses the web service when the data is not locally available. It uses a local cache (file storage) to save bandwidth and improve performance. We are working on the next version to make it configurable to use only local storage.

3) Sure, I will get back to you soon.

Can you give me some overview of your requirements. For example, are you using WPF 4.0 features or 3.5. Also I am interested to know whether you are planning to use any of the Windows 8 features.

Thanks,

Shahed

Sep 29, 2011 at 10:48 AM
Edited Sep 30, 2011 at 5:59 AM
Hi Shahed,
My requirement is to automate to get windows WM_gesture messages to my application.
currently i am trying to do the same for WPF4.0 application but WPF is not recieving any WM_gesture messages istead its only getting gesture notify messages.
so, is it posibble to use ur toolkit for win Froms application to record and playback?

Thanks and Regards,
Anil